County Employment Notices
UPDATED 11/10/2020 OPEN TILL FILLED
BECOME A DEPUTY SHERIFF IN LOVING COUNTY TEXAS
SALARY UP TO $ 77,507.00 PER YEAR
STARTING SALARY DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
MUST HAVE A CURRENT TCOLE PEACE OFFICERS LICENSE OR OUT OF STATE LICENSE
Minimum Qualifications *Age 21 or older* Normal hearing corrected or uncorrected with uncorrected hearing loss not to exceed moderate. You must possess a valid Texas driver's license at the time of employment. No felony convictions, history of criminal or improper conduct, or poor driving record, which may affect the suitability for law enforcement work. If prior military service, an applicant must have an honorable discharge. Must pass a background investigation.
JOB SUMMARY: Performs a variety of law enforcement and crime prevention tasks, investigative work, special assignments, technical and administrative tasks in support of the Sheriff's Office.
- Participates in a variety of law enforcement activities which include arresting offenders and suspects for traffic and criminal offenses, appearing in court for criminal, civil, and other law enforcement related matters; conducting surveillance.
- Prepares reports on crimes and activities; attends briefings, and administrative meetings.
- Cooperates with other law enforcement agencies in matters relating to the apprehension of offenders and the investigation of offenses.
- Interacts and works with citizens regarding existing and potential law enforcement and crime prevention problems and responds to requests and inquiries from the public.
- Physically apprehends and searches suspects utilizing appropriate techniques and maneuvers to render them safe for transportation and incarceration.
- Performs a variety of physically demanding maneuvers and activities while involved in law enforcement and rescue operations, including running, walking, stooping, bending, rolling, crawling, climbing, jumping, lifting, carrying, dragging, and safely operating assigned equipment and vehicle.
- 50-hour work week. 3 weeks on (5 days a week, 2 days on-call), 1 week off. Must live in Loving County. 24/7while on call.
- Operates patrol vehicle, handgun, baton,pepper spray gun, radar units, radios, computer, printer, etc.
Uniform and Equipment: You must furnish your own duty weapons (rifle, pistol, shotgun), duty belt/equipment, and duty uniforms. Equipment for police vehicle will be furnished by the Sheriff's Office. County provided ammunition.
Deputy Vehicle: The County will provide a patrol vehicle.
Insurance: Loving County employees are covered by Blue Cross/ Blue Shield for major medical, hospitalization, and dental insurance.
Retirement: Loving County is a member of the Texas County District Retirement System (TCDRS). Employee/Employer supported retirement begins at the date of employment. An employee contributes seven percent (7%) of their monthly wages to TCDRS. Loving County matches the employee contribution 2.5 to 1 upon retirement. Vested after 8 years of continues service in TCDRS.
Vacation/Holidays: Upon completion of one (1) full year of consecutive service, employees shall be entitled to 80 hours of vacation and 32 personal hours per year. For 2021 Employee's will be given 144 Holiday hours.
Sick Leave: Employees accrue 8 hours a month of sick leave.
Salary and Compensations
Pay scale effective January 1, 2020
Loving County Sheriffs Office
CONTACT THE LOVING COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE AT (432) 377-2411 ASK FOR CHIEF DEPUTY NOAH COLE OR EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO LOVING COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE. email@example.com